First date nights often make or break your hookup chances. It’s not something that you can take lightly. I’m from Beantown, so you know I like to eat good food. If you are familiar with Boston, you know that there is a selection of great restaurants, bars and other great venues to choose from. You can have a unique and romantic first date in the area at numerous spots. The only trouble you may have is trying to decide which one to hit. I’m going to give you some pointers right now. Here is a list of nine great places to take a first date in the local Boston area. They are unique and will likely fit your tastes if you’re looking to make an excellent first impression.
Best First Date Spots In Boston
Make no mistake about it, I know how important it is to close your first date with nothing but success. If you want to do that, then I suggest you check these places out! Keep in mind that I’ve been to a handful of them myself. They are not in any particular order either. Pro tip: if you like to eat then go for suggestion number one. Oh, another pro tip, don’t show up in any of these “douchebag” vehicles or you’ll be striking out for sure.
1. Delux Café – This is one of the great dive bars in Boston that is more than just a dive bar. It’s a charming little destination with specials like brown bagged mystery shots and fun decor like an Elvis shrine and vintage string lights.
2. Dali – This unique restaurant and tapas bar is on the Cambridge and Somerville line serving some interesting dishes with a great atmosphere consisting of copper ceilings and romantic candles. It’s a 10-minute walk from Harvard and Inman Squares and features preferred seating on Friday and Saturday nights.
3. No.9 Park – This eatery is on Boston Magazine’s lists of Best of Boston and Best Restaurants. It sets the standards for fine dining in Boston serving Italian and French dishes inspired by the region. It’s a beautiful spot for a first date in a townhouse at the historic Beacon Hill.
4. The Museum of Bad Art – Have some laughs and connect with your date at a one of kind location. MOBA is the world’s only museum dedicated to the collection, preservation, exhibition, and celebration of bad art in all its forms and there is not a dull moment from the time you enter, to the time you leave.
5. MetroRock – If you and your date are athletic, you should plan a date unique to your sensibilities and climb the walls at MetroRock. It has 26,000 square feet of climbable wall and hundreds of routes to take. This destination shows that you like to get physical and think of refreshing ways to show your date a good time.
6. Wilbur Theatre – Check the schedule for a wide range of musical, comedy, and various other performances, at this historic theater that first opened in 1914 and is classified on the National Register of Historic Places.
7. Brighton Music Hall – This is another one of the great live performance venues in Boston that have a wide variety of performances from rock bands to comedy and everything in between. If there isn’t a great show going on at the Wilbur, there will certainly be one happening here that’s perfect for a first date.
8. The Wine Gallery – This is a chain of wine, beer, and spirits shops in Boston that specializes in a wide selection of wines to fit any budget. It’s near both Kenmore Square and Fenway Park and features free wine tastings every week where you can have fun with your date and get buzzed at the same time.
9. The Arnold Arboretum – This is a research and educational institution at Harvard University that manages a collection of trees, shrubs, and vines. As you can imagine; it has some beautiful scenery where you can take a long hike and get a taste of the outdoors not far from trendy restaurants in the city.
I’ve been known to go above an beyond in order to get Boston girls to want to bang me, so some spots mentioned may not be up your alley. However, if you’re the type that likes to put forth effort in things that you do, then just follow my lead above. I’m sure you’re wondering why I didn’t list Fenway Park on here. Well, that’s because I’ve dedicated an entire page to that stadium, it’s that good!